The HLS Advantage
Our executive education programs are unrivaled and widely acclaimed because we provide:
- Harvard faculty who are leading experts and truly gifted teachers,
- Highly relevant content and cases grounded in the latest research and specifically written about and for lawyers and legal organizations,
- An immersive, interactive learning model that fully engages participants, providing classroom experiences of enduring value, and
- The resources and global reach of Harvard, which guarantee a broad, interdisciplinary approach and the ability to attract high-quality participants from all around the world.
These advantages are multiplied by our close partnership with two leading initiatives unique to Harvard Law School: the HLS Center on the Legal Profession (CLP) and the HLS Case Development Initiative (CDI). CLP is one of the world’s leading centers for the study of the global legal profession; and our relationship ensures that our participants gain special access to CLP’s cutting edge research and insights. CDI is comprised of several full-time experts dedicated to writing cases and developing learning materials specifically tailored to the challenges facing lawyers and legal organizations. We set our programs apart by these partnerships, what we teach, and how we teach.
Education for and by leaders in the legal profession
Led by Harvard faculty with both academic and practice expertise, our open enrollment programs provide participants with critical leadership and business frameworks, skills and perspectives. We prepare participants to meet the challenges of increasing levels of responsibility as they advance through the arc of their careers.
- Leadership in Law Firms, our flagship program, focuses on the biggest challenges that senior law firm leaders face. Participants from around the world engage in an immersive overview of topics including strategy, alignment, growth, change management, drivers of profitability and differentiation, motivating and leading others, innovation, and the changes facing the global legal profession.
- Leadership in Corporate Counsel program offers General Counsel and other top in-house lawyers the opportunity, with a group of peers from around the world, to consider the key challenges they face in managing their dual responsibilities as attorneys and corporate leaders.
- Accelerated Leadership Program is designed for early- to mid-stage partners advancing to the next levels of client, practice, team and personal leadership.
For more information on our programs, including dates and locations, visit our Law Firms or In-House Counsel pages.
Learn about our participants and what they say about HLS Executive Education.